Sunday, October 28, 2007

Visiting Odaiba in Tokyo



Odaiba is near the spot where matthew perry landed. It's mostly shopping but a few thing to note: it has one of the worlds largest ferris wheels, the fuji terebi building, and a scale replica of the statue of liberty (also built by France). Yesterday was a typhoon so we couldn't ride the ferris wheel even though it was running. The rain and wind was incredible, yet despite it Odaiba was still a lot of fun. I had a russian lunch, it was chicken hayashi and beef stroganoff.

There is an art store in shinjuku that has a mc escher vending machine, odd but very amusing. For about a week or so now I have been practicing my calligraphy everday. My progress is very encouraging, I can finally write decent characters with quite some consistency. I wanted to do the tea ceremony as an extra curricular activity, but I was not selected. I will apply again next quarter as well as for the koto class. Today, I went to a duet recital of violin and piano. The violinist was superb, but as usual, the classical music put me to sleep. Its just too relaxing.

I now have posted pictures from Japan on on my flickr website. The picture above is taken at the most beautiful spot in Venus Fort. From the left is me, Ju Youn, Gwenny, and Sujin.

1 comment:

Tim Russell said...

Very cool! I wish I could go to Japan someday!