Friday, October 19, 2007

Week 2 in Tokyo

Dear Mom and Dad:

Things are going even better this week than the previous one! Tonight, I went to this one bar for the second time, and there I made some Japanese friends. They seemed to be very happy to be speaking with Americans. I also got to know the hawker who called us in the first time we went to the bar, and on Thursday I might do something with him since he is off that day. I also finally began to get to know some of my Korean classmates at KCP. One of the korean girls invited me to go out with her and a few other friends after school on Monday. I truly am making lots of friends already!

As far as class goes, we are moving at a pretty fast pace. It definately is more intensive than any other schooling I've had so far, but I'm keeping up just fine, especially since not too much is new material, but that doesn't mean I'm not still learning in class.

This morning I had the most in depth conversation with tomokosan so far. We talked about politics, including the resignation of abe shinzo and my views of george bush. We also talked about the futility of war, and the absurdity of those regarding religion, such as the crusades. Every is going great, I am practicing my ukemi (rolling) in the tatami room at home, but only on the left side so far. I did attempt a single front roll over my right shoulder this morning, but I actually did my best to not directly roll over it at all, if that makes any sense.

I also went to an opera performance with tomoko where people do indivual songs. I brought along a friend from school. Afterwards we went to a karaoke box along with tomokos friend suzuki who is your age.

Joshua

No comments: